Thursday, March 5, 2015

Settling In....only took about 10 months

Life with 2 isn't quite what I thought it would be, but to be quite honest, I'm not sure what I thought, so there's a thinker for ya. I've told people on numerous occasions that baby #1 nearly broke us, but baby #2 has made us stronger. I don't know if it was the timing of other life happenings or just that we realized it was do or die at this point. The hubs and I have learned to make time to keep up with the little things, like lounging on the couch, together, a few nights a week, kisses and hugs when we can steal them, and just knowing that you have to keep doing your fair share or the ship will quite possibly sink with everyone on board.
It's not all puppies and rainbows, but it's working, and that's all that matters to me right now.
The one thing that has completely blindsided me is how much Jackson needs me. And the baby needs me. And the husband needs me, and did I mention I'm needed? Sometimes feeling needed is nice, but this is extreme. I could really use some space these days, and even the bathroom isn't an oasis anymore. The oldest learned to turn doorknobs a long time ago, and the littlest is catching on quick. Lock the door you say? That's not an option when you have one that is potty trained and god forbid...needs to use it at the exact moment that you're in there. You'd swear he's peeing his pants at the sound of the banshee screams coming from outside that locked door. It's just easier to throw out all modesty and roll with it.
The littlest has maintained the nicknames of "minion", "spartan", "menace", you get the idea. He's feisty, crafty and sometimes I get the feeling he's plotting my demise. He's sure going to be quite the handful and doesn't even try to hide it. So different than big bro who just sort of chilled for most of his non-walking time. Before I know it, I'll be chasing the little bugger up and down the hall in hopes I can pry whatever items he has in his death grip, probably stolen from yet another cabinet he's learned how to get through the child proof locks on.
It's alright. Look at this face.
Did I mention the spartan-esque character? That was noted lovingly by his awesome daily child wranglers. This was an action shot
Never a dull moment.

Some days, just gotta remember even the bad times are worth the few and far between awesome ones.


...speaking of being needed, the cats are telling me in a not so gentle manner that it's way past their dinner time. Happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment